Tuesday, July 3, 2007

The Subject and Sum of Scripture

'CHRIST in All the Book"

I see my LORD in the Bible
Whenever I chance to look.
HE is the theme of the Bible,
The center and heart of the Book.

HE is in the Book's beginning,
HE gave the earth it's form.
HE is the Ark of Safety
To bear the brunt of the storm.

HE's the burning Bush in the desert,
Then the budding of Aaron's rod.
Whenever I open the Bible
I see the Son of GOD!

HE is the Rose of Sharon,
HE is the Lily Fair.
Whenever I open the Bible
The LORD of the Bible is there!

HE's the Lamb upon Mt. Moriah
HE's the Ladder from earth to sky.
HE's the Scarlet Cord in the window
And the Serpent lifted high.

HE's the Smitten Rock of the desert
The Shepherd with staff and crook
It's whenever I open the Bible,
I see my LORD in the Book!

HE is the Seed of the woman
And the Saviour, virgin born.
HE is the Son of David,
Whom men rejected with scorn.

HE's the LORD of Eternal Glory,
Whom John the Apostle saw.
The Light of the Celestial City,
The Lamb without spot or flaw.

HE's the Bridegroom coming at Midnight!
For Whom HIS people look.
Yes, thank GOD, whenever I open the Bible,
I see my LORD in the Book!

No comments: